Saturday, March 29, 2014

20 Unusual Things 20 Successful People Do Every Day | Inc.com

20 Unusual Things 20 Successful People Do Every Day | Inc.com: "It's important to keep the fire in the gut burning because without passion or purpose you become complacent--and complacency kills. I give myself a gut check every day to make sure I've still "got it" because over time it's easy to lose sight of what matters to you and instead focus on what is important to others (think new employee versus senior leader).

For me, the connection between mental and physical fitness is important--in the SEALs and in business--and something I continually try to strengthen by doing crazy gut checks like driving across country in 42 hours straight with no (read zero) sleep (not something I recommend, by the way) or waking up at five am every day to play guitar, write my blog, and exercise--rain, sleet, or snow--before heading into work.

If you lose the fire in the gut then you lose the values that define you.

-- Jeff Boss, former Navy SEAL (every list needs an ex-SEAL) and CrossLead team member at the McChrystal Group"



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment